Why you should read this offer:
- The company: A perfect-timing product validated by tens of companies of all sizes, Visa and Mastercard teams in Spain, investors, directors of Techstars programs, etc.
- The founders: Founded by Eduardo Ortiz de Lanzagorta (Civeta, Cogress Spain…) and Daniel Seijo (Menéame, Diariomotor…) with advisors like Almudena Román (CEO ING Direct), Carmen Bustos (Soulsight), Jose Iglesias (Director Techstars EMEA), Javi Santana (former Carto CTO)
- Remuneration: competitive salary depending on candidate experience
- Career Path: Possibility to promote to Marketing Manager
- Hiring Process: Transparent feedback during the whole hiring process, as part of our strong culture inspired by Ray Dalio, Jeff Bezos and others.
- Perks, perks & more perks: Office in Malasaña with many perks (i.e. free healthy breakfast, paid transportation to the office, free snacks, free coffee, free gym, etc.)
We are looking for a marketing manager to join Fuell, a startup with great growth potential. The team needs a person with experience in B2B Marketing focused on startups, SMEs and partners. We are looking for a motivated self-starter, with a bias for action, who thrives in a hyper-growth environment. The ideal profile is a person who wants to join a successful team to contribute and learn. Let us warn you that it will be challenging. It won’t be easy, but rest assured that we will have a great time. You will help design the marketing strategies together with our interim CMO, Ainoa Ryll, from whom you will learn a lot. You will be responsible for carrying this strategies out with Ainoa’s help. Your responsibilities among others will be:
- Content marketing (Twitter, Newsletters, blog etc.)
- Generation of social media content (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Inbound marketing
- CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization)
- Designing and launching Landing Pages
- A/B Testing and multivariable (Marketers use multivariate advertising to determine the best way of advertising a product to consumers, based on a wide range of consumer characteristics such as company stage, and income)
- Brainstorming, testing and implementing out-of-the-box creative ideas and viral marketing tactics to generate leads and/or awareness
The day-to-day language is Spanish however it is necessary that you also speak English because we think global and our business might cross borders soon.
We aren’t just looking for a Marketing Manager who can do his job great and help us shoot for the moon. We think you’ll click with us if you:
- You thrive in demanding, fast-paced environments that require you to think strategically as well as join your team in the trenches to solve problems.
- You value truth, you are open-minded and appreciate direct feedback.
- You revel in intellectually rigorous and principled environments.
- You have a pragmatic and practical approach and feel passionate about operational excellence of impactful technologies.
- You enjoy working in a non-hierarchical manner, leading by strong logic and creating a compelling vision.
- You have a high bar for excellence, never being satisfied that anything is good enough.
About Fuell and the team
Fuell is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. Fuell Corporate Card, our first product, is an unprecedented credit card solution for businesses of all sizes. It’s like nothing anybody has seen before. Period. With Fuell Corporate Cards you can eliminate the need for expense reports, manage your company’s spending (employees and providers) in real-time, set and control budgets, get credit increases as your business grows, rewards your business with cash backs, and much more. It’s the corporate card we wanted for ourselves.
Fuell Corporate Card as a product has been validated by tens of businesses (from startups to big corporations) and by well-known experts in the tech and financial industry. Our vision is to become one of the fastest-growing startups to date in Europe while we create and exceptional corporate culture.
Who you will work with:
- Daniel Seijo has more than 15 years of experience as an entrepreneur. He is the founder of successful businesses such as Diariomotor.com (the most visited car’s website in Spain), Civeta.es and quecochemecompro.com. In 2016, he bought Meneame.net portal, a company he has been managing since (+230 k daily unique users).
- Eduardo Ortiz de Lanzagorta has experience in the VC space, as board member of Civeta.es, and tech space as the co-founder and COO of Cogress Iberia (a Real Estate FinTech platform that has invested in projects with a GDV in excess of $1Bn) and the Head of BD of Owl-Systems, which he gained at Rocketspace in SFO – where Uber, Leap, etc. were accelerated.
- Ainoa Ryll: Ainoa is an International Growth Lead with +9 years of experience in building strategies for early-stage startups (Deliberry, Jumia), proven business models (BlaBlaCar, GoFundMe) and multinational corporations (Kraft Foods / Mondelez) in different markets. Managed teams of up to 10 high qualified employees from different backgrounds and cultures ensuring clear acknowledgment of business goals and smooth project management of tasks. Empowered and guided team members to their next career step. Ainoa’s background is focused on marketing with functional expertise in Product Management, Operations and Sales to ensure a holistic strategy of business growth, always User-Oriented. Studied and worked abroad for the past 8 years in Argentina, Germany, Nigeria, France, and Spain gaining the ability of fast and easy integration into new environments and cultures.
- Agile Project Management
- Empathetic Team Leadership
- Expansion Design (research, market/fit)
- P&L optimization & forecasting
- Efficient ROI marketing planning
- Media Planning (Offline / Online)
- Growth (Marketing & Product) strategy
- Partnership development
- Strategic planning & development
- Brand Awareness Campaigning & Measurement
- Carlos Prieto has more than 23 years of experience in web design, creative direction and internet strategy. He was the first member of the Internet Department in Inditex, where he was the designer of the first websites and Managing Director of its first e-commerce. He was also behind some of the most famous TV shows intros in Spain like El Hormiguero or La hora de José Mota.
- Javier Santana is the former CTO of Carto and currently the founder of Tinybird.co. Among many other positions, he was the Data Services Lead of BBVA until 2019.
- Jose Iglesias is the current CEO (EMEA) of TechStars. He will be helping us with his extensive knowledge and network of the tech industry. Techstars is a Worldwide Network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. With a portfolio of over 1,100 companies with a total market cap of $65B, Techstars operates in 150 countries with a massive network of mentors, investors, founders and Community Leaders.
- Carmen Bustos: Carmen works with CEOs, leaders and changemakers to transform their vision, culture and business. We believe that the success of any organization comes down to the people and the culture.
- Almudena Roman: During the last 15 years Almudena has grown together with Ing Direct. She has experience in Product Strategy, Marketing, Branding, etc. She leads by the example humanizing the way we work in the financial industry.
If you have read so far, you are on the right track … In addition to your special energy, we will appreciate that you have:
- Experience in B2B marketing with an “end-user” angle
- Stellar written and oral communication skills.
- Highly analytical mindset, with natural curiosity to measure, test, and iterate to get the best results
- Willing to travel to meet partners and build relationships
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm and driving personal vision
- Strategic mindset and the ability to execute quickly.
- Being an autonomous individual with a proactive attitude and a love for time self-management.
But the most important thing is that you come with a hunger to learn, to improve and to grow within the project.
- UX knowledge and basic notions of design will be highly valued.
- Experience in Payments or financial services strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in roles that are partner-facing with understanding of how to drive business through the partner ecosystem
- Experience designing and building joint marketing plans with strategic alliance partners
What you will do
The first three months…
You will be focused in launching a first MVP of our product: your focus will be to generate awareness, branding (cohesive brand) and creating a customer base of at least 500 companies. For this you will have to find the right product-market-fit, the right MVS (Minimum viable segment) to start and define the buyer personas together with our interim CMO Ainoa Ryll.
You’ll be located in an office inside La Industrial Coworking, near Plaza del dos de Mayo in Malasaña, with awesome vibes and surrounded by cool cafes and healthy restaurants . We have great offices in Madrid but you will be able to work in remote and with a flexible schedule…. we are a result-driven company.
In six months….
You will continue to work closely with the rest of the team to:
- Identify priorities and initiatives to generate leads and partners, including but not limited to email marketing campaigns, tailored blog content, email announcements and social channels
- Analyzing customer feedback from social media platforms
- Set campaign goals and success metrics.
- Analyzing advertising returns and reporting to upper management
- Building relationships with media outlets
- Develop co-marketing campaigns with strategic partners
- Enable partners with content to drive adoption of the Fuell products. Build joint value proposition messaging to distribute via emails, webinars, digital assets, partner blog posts, and partner events
- Brainstorm, test and implement viral marketing tactics to generate awareness and/or conversion.
As we grow we will probably need to move into a bigger office, but we’re in love with Malasaña and Chueca, so we will make sure it won’t be outside this area of Madrid
In one year…
You will be working in an awesome company with a strong technical and corporate culture, in one of the fasting growing startups of Spain. Our success will still depend on you strongly. You will be significantly responsible for our first steps that will strongly influence our overall success.
What we offer
If you like challenges, this is your project. What do we offer? Easy. Cool atmosphere in cool offices in Malasaña and where there will be no room for boredom. We offer indefinite fixed contract. The remuneration will be a fixed and variable remuneration ¡depending on candidate experience.
We want our team to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks may change, but they’re all based on the philosophy that taking care of our people is good for all of us. We know that everyone is different, so what we offer will be constantly evolving based on employee needs and feedback. This is the perks we are offering at the beginning:
- Performance bonuses
- Free healthy breakfast
- Paid transportation to the office
- Flexible Schedule (i.e work from home once a week)
- Food as a Service (i.e. free snacks & best coffee in Malasaña (real milk from a small known Farm)
- Health as a Service (Gym Membership or Wellness Program)
- Choose your preferred hardware
- Employee Development Programs (i.e. personal and professional coaching, on-the-job training, partial tuition reimbursement, discounts for events (national and international) & books)
- Clothing as a service: Minimalism brand agreement for employees welcome package of branded clothes
- Meetups at the office and outside of it
More options to come: choice of dedicating some hours to volunteer every year, offsites, monthly team lunch, morning meditation, free entrance to Ocho y Medio once a month, etc.
We maintain all team candidates well informed during the whole process which consists of the next steps:
- Phone/Hangout interview.
- In-person interview.
- Get to know our business team, what it means to be an idea-meritocracy and how are we different.